Welcome to Fan of the Feather!
100 Golfers on the Green
A Charity Event hosted by
Fan of the Feather, Inc.
Proceeds benefit the Fan of the Feather house for homeless veterans in San Marcos, CA
Friday, September 25, 2015
Registration opens at 12 Noon
Shotgun – 1:00pm Sharp
Twin Oaks Golf Course
San Marcos, CA
- 4 Person Scramble
- No-host bar
- Special prizes & giveaways
- Live & silent auctions and opportunity drawings
– Shorts Allowed
– Spike-less shoes only
– Jeans not permitted
Contact Vanessa Wood @
Fan of the Feather, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) new transitional center for homeless veterans.
The Mission of Fan of the Feather is to provide a safe and caring environment for homeless veterans in North San Diego County. Fan of the Feather is a 501(c)(3) organization which will accomplish this by providing a myriad of services including counseling and referral, substance abuse prevention, work skills development and veteran crisis intervention.
Through our efforts we help homeless veterans who need assistance to restore them to a normal functioning life-be it physically mentally socially, spiritually or vocationally.
FAN OF THE FEATHER was founded as a tribute and a recognition of the dedication, sacrifice and hard work America’s veterans have endured to protect the United States and other countries. Many have asked the origin of our name. The explanation to follow, makes it clear who we are.
The feather represents 3 aspects of our mission, inspiration and devotion.
- The Pigeon is the symbol of the homeless, from the novel, Among Pigeons -The Eagle represents America and it’s and military. Every military branch has an eagle in it’s emblem.
- God-He[God] shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; (Psalms 91:4) This verse reminds us of our faith and what we strive to achieve at The Promised Land, our home available to veterans, who meet our criterion.
- To be a FAN is to be an advocate for the homeless, in particular, homeless veterans, or those at risk.
Become a FAN today, for the love of a veteran.